Most people think of non-alcoholic drinks as either being for kids or as being uninteresting and lacking in flavour. However, there are a wide variety of non-alcoholic drinks that are both interesting and delicious - if you know where to find them. What’s more, some, like ZAG, are actually designed for adults.
Today we're exploring non-alcoholic drinking options for adults. So whether you’re looking for something to quench your thirst after an evening workout or something to enjoy on a night out, you’re sure to find a solution to suit your needs.
If you're not drinking alcohol, what are your options?
If you're not drinking alcohol, there are still some great options for you. There are many non-alcoholic drinks that can be just as enjoyable as alcoholic drinks. Here are a few options to look out for:
- Sparking water with fruit juice or cordial. A light and refreshing option, just be wary of the hidden high sugar content of juice and cordial.
- Mocktails. These will offer a cocktail-drinking experience, but again due to being filled with juices, expect high sugar.
- Alcohol-free beer. There are hundreds to choose from and some are getting closer in flavour to 'the real thing'.
- Adult Soft drinks. Look out for ZAG behind the bar for a low sugar, adult drinking experience without any alcohol.
Oh, the places you'll go without alcohol!
Are you tired of feeling like you need to be drunk to have fun? If so, don't worry - you're not alone. Many people feel like they need to drink alcohol in order to enjoy themselves, but this doesn't have to be the case. There are plenty of ways to have fun without drinking, and you may be surprised to find that you actually enjoy yourself more when you're sober.
So if you're looking for ways to have fun without drinking, read on. We've got some great ideas for you, whether you're looking for activities to do with friends or ways to entertain yourself. And who knows - you might just find that you prefer to have fun without alcohol.
Here are just a few suggestions:
- Go to a concert or a show and soak up the immersive ambience.
- Join a sports team and fill your evening with sprints rather than spirits.
- Watch a film and treat yourself to popcorn instead of a pint.
- Cook a delicious home-cooked meal (or dine out!) where the focus of your evening is on the incredible flavours of the food, not the drink.
- Take a hike! Walking reconnects you with nature and with friends so rather than an invite to the pub, invite friends to walk with you.
So next time you're looking for a good time, don't forget that you don't have to drink to have fun. There are plenty of other things to do that can be just as enjoyable.
How to make your own non-alcoholic drinks
Making your own non-alcoholic drinks at home is easy, and it's a great way to save money. You can make all sorts of drinks, from sodas to juices to iced teas. And the best part is, you can make them exactly to your own taste.
There are a few things you'll need to get started. First, you'll need a good supply of non-alcoholic beverages - and when using fruit juice make sure it's 100% real juice. Second, you'll need some ice, a blender, and some basic kitchen supplies. And third, you'll need a few recipes to get you started.
Once you've got all of your supplies, it's time to start blending up some drinks! Here are a few of our favourite recipes:
- Easy Party Punch: 4 cups cranberry juice, 2 cups pineapple juice, 4 cups ginger ale and garnish with plenty of ice and some berries.
- Lemon Spritzer: 2 ounces lemon juice, 1 ounce agave syrup, 4 ounces tonic water. Serve over ice with a lemon slice
- Long Island Nice Tea: 3 cups English Breakfast loose leaf tea, 60ml apple cider vinegar, 600ml ginger beer, over ice with 1 juiced lemon and garnished with fresh mint.
Tips for choosing non-alcoholic drinks
If you're not drinking alcohol you'll often find you get stung by the high sugar content. Make sure you check the calorie and sugar content of your soft drink. A drink defined as 'low sugar' has less than 2.5g sugar per 100g. The sugar may be replaced by artificial sweeteners which many people notice in the flavour so you may want to look for 'low sugar' as well as 'no artificial sweeteners'.
Ask for your drink to include garnishes to give you an adult cocktail vibe (even if it's just a sprig of mint with your sparkling water) or look for adult-theme bottles that will ensure you don't feel like a kid at a birthday party with your soft option.
Don't be afraid to try something new
There are hundreds of fantastic emerging brands, challenging the larger, known brands. Don't be afraid to try them, and if you like what you taste feed it back to the bar - the more it's liked, the more available it will become to you in other locations!
If you're ready to try your next adult soft drink, ZAG is available in cans or bottles at www.zagdrinks.com
Leave a comment