If you're attempting Dry January it's helpful to have a clear goal. How will life look and how will you feel by not drinking? To help remember why you might be doing it, here's a taste of how 31 days off the booze might make you feel:
- I wake up naturally before my alarm, feeling well rested and ready to tackle the day
- I have more energy throughout the day
- My head is clear and I get more done each day
- My eyes are bright and my skin is rejuvenated and clear
- I am able to accomplish more each day
- When I wake up I feel enthusiastic and energised
- I feel in control of my life and my decisions
- I feel less stressed about achieving my tasks for the day
- I wake up with a lot more energy
10. I am able to reach a deeper state of sleep
11. I spend less money when I go out with friends (no alcoholic drinks, junk food and taxis home)
12. I have reduced anxiety and stress - it's particularly great not to have "hanxiety"
13. I feel more hydrated so don't need to drink so much water
14. My body is moving more easily - I have reduced joint paint, headaches and body aches
15. I feel calmer, happier and more content
16. My immunity has increased so I have been staying more healthy and avoiding winter colds.
And so many more reasons unique to each and every one of us.
If you're quitting or cutting back your drinking, we wish you the very best of luck and hope you feel fantastic.
Leave a comment